Monday, December 28, 2009

Recap

1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
A lot of firsts this year for me. I went snowboarding in Big Bear with the cousins and loved it, tried alcohol, started my whole webcamming phase, saw James for the first time in years, found out what it was like without my mother at home, had a high school boyfriend, attended high school dances, and got closer to my cousins if possible. There were plenty of other things, but those were the ones at the top of my head.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember if I made any this year, but for next year I want to start running again, floss, learn how to cook, be more tidy, and be more patient. I'm sure I'll make more along the way.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Only the older cousins on my Dad's side. They're popping babies out like crazy, and I can't keep track of all my little nephews and nieces anymore.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not that I recall. So many celebrities died this year, though.

5. What countries did you visit?
I didn't visit any, unfortunately. I don't think I even left the state this year.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
I want more organization, and to be able to make up my mind. Self confidence is another big one, and to learn to give the Benefit of the Doubt.

7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
There were so many things that happened this year that made a huge impact. I suppose the months where I bonded with my older cousins and girlfriends will forever remain "etched upon my memory". So the months from July to December, haha.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
It sounds really teenager-like and cliche, but discovering myself and things about myself. I learned more this year than I ever have.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Never really getting over it, I suppose.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing serious, just a few bumps and bruises here and there.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
The 3849024 pictures I bought of us for Tammy's birthday present. I was very proud of the end product.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Catherine getting accepted into Duke, most definitely. The party was quite memorable.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
This person is the only person that consistently makes me appalled and depressed, and not even just this year either. I suppose it's my fault too, but I don't see me being forgiving anytime soon.


14. Where did most of your money go?
Movies, by a landslide. And then food. And then little presents.
I collected all the movie tickets I'd ever bought this year, and I'd count them up but I'm too lazy.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Catherine moving out so I could redo my room. And then Kyna moving in.

16. what song will always remind you of 2009?
We Run L.A. by Ya Boy, Alive by Black Eyed Peas, Lucky by Jason Mraz
Only because they remind me of Summer.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

i. happier or sadder? Much much happier, Kyna's here.

ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter, I really don't know.

iii. richer or poorer? Richer in spirit. Poorer in my wallet.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Reading, being more thoughtful and selfless

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Making a big deal out of things, over thinking when not necessary, being a fun-sucker, arguing

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Played Balderdash until 2AM, attended mass with Phamily, cooked, spent the remainder of the day at Di Loan's house, ate, took pictures with James' rad camera, watched parts of District 9, and slept over at Tammy's.

22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
It was more "liking immensely"

23. How many one-night stands?
None

24. What was your favorite tv program?
This year I got into Grey's, How I Met Your Mother, Vampire Diaries, and Glee

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't believe so

26. What was the best book you read?
Harry Potter Series.
"I'm going to Hell."

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I'm not exactly the musical guru here, but Correatown, Benji Hughes, The Beautiful Girls, The Xx.

28. What did you want and get?
I didn't know what I wanted until I got it. Vivian got me a new bag, and I love it.

29. What did you want and not get?
Pictures to decorate my room, only because I'm lazy. Movies, better grades.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Whip It, Inglorious Basterds, Star Trek, Law Abiding Citizen

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went with Tammy to attend one of her classes at UCI, had California Fish Grill with Cat afterward, convinced Cat to take Sticki Picki's with us, came home, went running, and ate a Phamily birthday dinner at Open Sesame in Long Beach. Happy Sweet Sixteen.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To have seen Emily Nguyen

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
More t-shirts and jackets this year, I think

34. What kept you sane?
All the talks. Tammy, Kyna, Alvin, Minh, Angie, Algernon, Thai, Catherine, Kevin, Dan, Vivian, Tiffany L, Christine, Jeanne, Emily, Paul, Thien, Dexter. Thanks, guys.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Leo Dicaprio, Skander Keyes, Zachary Quinto, Chris Hemsworth, Edward Norton, Jensen Ackles, Anton Yelchin. Sorry, can't choose just one. There are more.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Obama

37. Who did you miss?
They're all here, and I see them, but I miss being with them more than anything. Emily, too.


38. Who was the best new person you met?
I "re-met" a number of people this year. Christine L., Tiffany L., Dexter, and Alvin to name a few.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009?
Have faith in people.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
And I think to myself, It's a beautiful night.
And I know everything Is gonna be alright,
Yes now I know It'll be alright.

1 comment:

cle. said...

joanna<3
i miss youu and i cant wait to see you tomorroww! :D