Thursday, June 03, 2010

Almost

*Currently psyching and preparing myself for the most intense week of this school year.

I should be working diligently on something right now but I've decided to clear my head first.

May went by quickly due to all the testing going on week after week. SATs, AP Testing, Star Testing. The month ended nicely last Sunday with our annual Phamily Crawfish Boil. 30-ish people were able to consume 65 lbs of crawfish, shrimp, oysters, mussels as well as spaghetti, Bun Moc, steak, salmon, and chicken. I wasn't able to take as many pictures this year because Angie's camera died at 6:00 pm.

There are exactly two more weeks of school left, but all I can think about is how little time I have left to finish everything. The week after school ends is Phamily Camping up in Lake Casitas. A few days after that is a little get together with my dad and Angie since my mother will travel to Utah for a week. Catherine comes home shortly after we return, and in August the Texans will come home to visit as well. Hopefully I'll be able to find another job sometime in July when I get my new (used) car.

In APES we're required to build a solar cooker or oven and be able to bake/cook something tomorrow during class and present it to administration. The project will be graded according to how well I present my cooker and how successful my dish goes. Wish me luck. How badly can I mess up a Crustless Peach Pie?


No comments: